Meet the Author:
Ahmed Lotfy Rashed was born in Egypt and raised in Maryland. During his three years of graduate study, he served as Public Relations Officer for the Muslim Students’ Association. It was at this time that Ahmed started talking about Islam at various churches, temples, and schools. He became known for his informal and approachable demeanor. His ability to break down complex religious and historical contexts for audiences earned him high reviews.
Since coming to Boston in 2004, he has been an active volunteer at several mosques in the Greater Boston Area. He has been the head instructor for the local Islam101 class since 2006 and a volunteer for WhyIslam.org since 2009. He has presented Islam at schools and churches, and he has hosted visits to several major mosques in the area.
- Sheikh Safi Khan in Greenbelt, MD;
- Dr. Mustafa Ahmed in Villanova, PA;
- Imam Suhaib Webb in Boston, MA.
- Certificate in Islamic Law and Sharia from the University of Edinburgh
- Certificate in Religious Traditions and Scriptures from Harvard Extension School.
- Currently finishing his Master of the Arts degree in Islamic Sciences from The Islamic Seminary of America.
Ahmed continues to work and live in the Greater Boston Area with his wife and children. In his spare time, he likes to read about comparative religions, Islamic law, Islamic history, and military history. He also has a weakness for fantasy and science-fiction novels – a problem of which his wife is still trying very hard to cure him.
You can download my Media Kit (542 kB) HERE.