I will be giving the Opening Keynote speech at the Colleges of the Fenway Interfaith Conference.
The event is Saturday, February 11th from 10:30 am – 4:30 pm. The conference theme is “Finding Our Common Humanity,” and our conference mission is “to come together to find ways to learn about and support each other, particularly those belonging to religious communities most affected by hate and intolerance.” The conference is taking place at Massachusetts College of Art (MassArt) in Boston.
For more info and to register:
We come together to find ways to learn about and support each other, particularly those belonging to religious communities most affected by hate and intolerance.
SNAPSHOT OF PROGRAM:
- Opening Keynote: Why an interfaith initiative and why now?
- Lunch with Student Panel: Sharing life lessons and spiritual messages through food
- Bystander Workshop: How to support and intervene when witnessing micro-aggressions and harassment
- Closing Keynote: Call to Action! Putting the next steps into action within our community
GOALS AND OUTCOMES:
- Participants will leave this workshop with having been exposed to tools and techniques they can use to support fellow community members of different faiths when encountering marginalization and/or harassment.
- Participants will be introduced to tools to build relationships with COF peers of different faith traditions.
- Participants will learn something about the many different faith traditions within the COF.
- Participants will start to identify opportunities and plans for working together to promote interfaith awareness and acceptance within the COF.